FESTIVAL ASSISTANT (Must hold UK drivers licence)
Pay/Allowances To be negotiated
UNITY THEATRE, CAPITAL OF CULTURE & SITE SPECIFIC & MOBILE
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To act as personal assistant to Artistic Director. An opportunity for an exceptional individual to work within a highly motivated and creative team in a unique and dynamic arts festival.
DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE TO:
The Festival :
Artistic Director, Homotopia
Key year of development for Liverpool’s homegrown annual celebration of Queer culture. Must have a knowledge and appreciation of the performing arts, music and film. The post will enable the successful applicant to develop and learn key skills involved in the delivery of a large scale performing arts festival.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• To support Design Director and Festival Director in positioning the festival through Liverpool as European Capital of Culture, promotion of its events programme, communities programme and national and international marketing efforts.
• To look after personal needs of artists and direct liaison point for visiting artists and companies.
• To liaise with Production Manager in preparation for outdoor and site specific festival events
• To liaise and support volunteer support manager.
• To support the delivery of successful press & marketing activity
• Co-ordinate and to liaise and support principal press interviews
• To support production crew with development of Homotopia TV
• The role will also include the co-ordination of:
1. Marketing materials/collateral
2. Event advertising and promotional material including sponsor recognition
3. Media partner marketing and communications
4. Audio Visual requirements
5. Incoming Enquiries
6. Special event assistance and support
7. Liaison with partner organisations
8. Marketing research projects
9. Support with creating website content
10. Database management (for use in marketing efforts)
• This job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive, it is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at the time of writing